Why not on Literary Mosaic, my much ignored second baby? So here goes, the Book Meme -
1. What is the total number of books you've owned? I've not counted them in a while, but I'd say more than 300.
2. What is the last book you bought? Anne of Green Gables (abridged and unabridged) for my two nieces. I've decided I must play the role of Bookie Aunty to the hilt! :-)
3. What is the last book you've read? The last book I read and finished reading was so long ago I don't even remember which one it was :-(
4. What are you currently reading? Lady Oracle by Margaret Atwood - never read so abysmally slow ever before! It's a disgrace!
5. What are the 5 books that have meant a lot to you or that you particularly enjoyed?
There are many, but from the top of my head right now :-
- Little Women - Louisa May Alcott (for filling my childhood days with lovely images and for Jo - she rocks totally!),
- Diary of Anne Frank (I think it's what got me interested in the Holocaust),
- Wide Sargasso Sea - Jean Rhys (for making my world view so much larger),
- The Lord of the Flies - William Golding (it's one of the rare classics that I devoured at one go!)
- Golden Gate - Vikram Seth (I had my doubts about a novel in verse form, but all of them were laid to rest within the first ten pages through this one - Merci Aristera pour me donner ce roman!)
7. What book(s) caught your attention but you never had a chance to read? Oh, so many!
8. What book(s) that you've owned for so long but never read? The complete works of William Shakespeare, to start with...it's actually quite a long list. *embarassed*
9. Who are you going to pass this stick to and why? To all those who actually dropped by Literary Mosaic and read this post!